In industrial applications, machines and tools are of course of prime importance. But what holds them all together? What keeps the machines together, and prevents them from falling apart? The answer would be industrial pins. Industrial pins are a kind of fastening hardware and they may be used for a number of purposes which include aligning, mounting, coupling, assembling and penetrating two different pieces of hardware or machines. Now different industrial pins are usually used for different purposes; and based on the operation or the function they’re expected to perform, the industrial pin is designed and deployed. Pins manufacturers India is responsible for manufacturing various kinds of industrial pins.
Types of industrial pins
As mentioned above, the industrial pins are designed based on the function they’re expected to perform. Let’s take a look at some common types:
- Drive pin – This kind of pin is an interference one. This kind of industrial pin will have to be driven into the position in order to fasten two parts. Drive pins are mainly used in the case of rotary applications.
- Groove pins – These groove pins are usually cylindrical in nature and consist of longitudinal grooves. Thus when these pins are used for fastening purposes they have better adhesive power and hold the two parts together.
- Knurled pins – These pins look like normal industrial pins but come with a knurled surface. Because of the texture of the surface, they provide a stronger grip.
- Parallel pins – These pins are a special kind of dowel pins. It consists of a number of dowel pins which are placed parallel to each other and each end is matched to a different tolerance.
- Coiled spring pin – As the name suggests, the spring pin in this case is coiled to give it a cylindrical look. These pins are usually made of metal like steel.
- Clinch pins – These pins come with a kind of hump at one end. Because of this hump, these pins do not require a separate agent to fasten them. They are mainly self-securing in nature.
- Hairclip pin – These pins are named so because of their shape. They look exactly like hair clips with their wavy surface. These pins come in handy if you have to disassemble and assemble different parts of a machine quickly.
- Safety pin – These industrial pins are wound tightly by wires which makes them excellent fasteners.
Apart from these broad categories of pins, there are different kinds of pins like cotter pins, clevis pins, twist pins, detent pins, linch pins, hitch pins, toggle pins manufacturers india. At the end of the day, it depends on the purpose they’re meant for.
Operations of industrial pins
In industrial applications, there are mating components, for instance a trailer and a vehicle. Now these need to be coupled together. In order to do that, industrial pins are needed. They usually use a kind of locking mechanism to do the same. Now while most pins work the same way, the way the task is carried out often differs.
If you want to know more about the kinds of industrial pins or the kind of functions they can carry out, you can contact pins manufacturers India.